Tuesday, August 29, 2017

About This Blog

"Lolly" is a person, me. Also, it is a word for a candy, a small sweet.

"On the Margin" is the place where change occurs, where the significance of differences are determined, where decisions are made and actions are taken. It is the place where the unusual is essential, where the exception makes the rule, where the commonplace has no refuge, where the glare diffuses into a tender twilight in the borders between known things. The margin is the home of "why" and "how", and more importantly, "wow" and "now."

We all live on the margin, whether or not we choose it. Choosing to know that this is true allows us to live deliberately. The only option for existing authentically is to face reality, exactly as it is, moment by moment, and to confront what you find on the margin, whether in yourself or in the world, with bravery, hope, and love.

I would like to be lolly on the margin, to interact sweetly with the world when I touch it lightly, when I bump into strangers, when I leave a first impression. Deeper, though, I want to have substance. When you venture past my margins, I want you to find a richness, not something sugary that melts and crumbles, but something dense, strong, and lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment